This session will explore post-16 English and maths provision for different learners in the context of the latest funding and policy environment.
- receive the latest updates from the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) Functional Skills review and consider the developments and their likely impact on the work-based learning sector
- gain feedback on the impact of the 2015 functional skills thematic review and find our what we are doing to implement the key recommendations from this review
- hear first hand from a training provider on their experiences of how they overcame the challenges associated with delivering GCSE in work based learning environment
Traineeships are the government’s flagship employability initiative. The growth in the past year has been significant and is expected to continue. Whether you are involved in the training and delivery of traineeships or an employer looking to recruit a trainee, during this workshop you will:
- examine a selection of different models that providers and employers are using to deliver traineeships
- investigate innovative and effective ways you can structure and deliver long and short programmes
- review and demonstrate the available resources to aid your delivery of traineeships including SelfSmart, AppQual, Skilled for Life and Initial Assessment Tool (IAT)
- provide feedback and gain knowledge from presenters and fellow delegates
- find out what Pearson is doing to support you in your promotion and delivery of traineeships.
From 2016/17 the funding landscape will be changing in ways that could have a significant impact on the way colleges and providers, and awarding organisations, work. This 45 minute seminar will give you the latest information on the changes and explore Pearson’s plans for ensuring the provision we offer meets changing needs.
- Explore the impact of the changing funding landscape for adult skills (including traineeships), loan funding and apprenticeships, and on the move towards local areas having far more flexibility to influence the nature of provision for learners that need support to engage and progress in learning, and discuss the potential impact of these changes on the way they work.
- Explore Pearson’s plans, and discuss how Pearson can work with colleges and providers, to ensure the provision we offer meets changing needs.
This workshop is designed to explore the opportunities presented in the government’s’ 2020 vision for apprenticeships. Whether you are involved in the training and delivery of apprenticeships or an employer looking to recruit an apprentice, during this workshop you will:
- gain a much deeper understanding of the new apprenticeship standards and their implications on delivery and assessment in your organisation
- examine the key recommendations in the government’s 2020 vision for apprenticeships in England, and how to deliver them while maintaining a quality learner journey during a time of continued change
- discover how designing appropriate support, entry and progression opportunities for your learners will help you to respond to the challenges and requirements to change business models, detailing the most up-to-date progress and policy in this area
- hear what solutions are available to meet future work-based skills requirements, both technical and professional
- find out what Pearson is doing to support schools to promote apprenticeships to their learners